Date:      Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:16:00 +0200
From:      David Peall <david@esn.org.za>
To:        "'freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Intel DP45SG motherboard problem

Hi

I'm having such trouble trying to get FreeBSD onto the PC.  I've googled an=
d found the following old thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org/msg03470.html

And the following forum post:
http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=3D3048

But there is no solution proposed.  I've tried everything I can think of.  =
I have a pxeboot setup and could boot custom kernels but I'm just not sure =
what to change.  I've tried 7.0, 7.2, 7.2-p3, 8 beta, 8-current all amd64 a=
nd none of them will get to the sysinstall screen.

If I try install the i386 version I can get to the sysinstall screen but if=
 I push up/down once it scrolls to the top/bottom and then its locked all k=
eys are dead I've tried two different USB keyboards.  There are no PS2 port=
s on this motherboard.

Is available to guide me to try solve this problem.

Kind Regards

--
David Peall