Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 09:58:59 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        Andrew McNaughton <andrew@scoop.co.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: failure to build gcc in make world

Andrew McNaughton wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Aug 2002, Jens Rehsack wrote:
>
> > Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 00:33:07 +0200
> > From: Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
> > To: Andrew McNaughton <andrew@scoop.co.nz>
> > Cc: freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
> > Subject: Re: failure to build gcc in make world
> >

> > Andrew McNaughton wrote:
> > >
> > > I've worked through this more thoroughly, but I still can't get a
> > > successful make buildworld.
> > >
> > > I've thoroughly checked my source tree.  I've compared all files'
> > > checksums against a known good source tree on a different system which
> > > compiles correctly  (it's a later freebsd running gcc 3).
> > > Something's wrong with my build environment.
> >
> > You use gcc v3 to compile 4.6-STABLE?
>
> gcc version 2.95.3 [FreeBSD] 20010315 (release)
>
> I'm upgrading from 4.3-STABLE.  I could install a later gcc, but I'm a
> little wary of moving further from a standard setup unless there's an
> explanation of why it should matter.

That's right. I get confused by your statement and want get sure.
Ok. Your error message shows that the gcc itself doesn't compile correctly.

Do you have a proxy or sth. else between your machine and the global cvsup servers?
By the way, if I were you I'd look into libgcc1.c, to line 244 and take a look
what's wrong there. It sounds a little bit like wrong macro define or string constant.

Good luck,
Jens

--
L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W