Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2002 22:29:54 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Opera for FreeBSD

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 04:50:52PM -0600, Larry Rosenman wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-11-01 at 16:46, Aditya wrote:
> > > On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 22:25:57 +0100 (CET),
> > >        Marc Schneiders <marc@schneiders.org> said:
> > > On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, at 13:11 [=GMT-0800], Tenebrae wrote:
> > > I remember ages ago this being discussed on here.
> > > Well, guess what?
> > >>
> > > http://www.opera.com/pressreleases/en/2002/10/31/b/
> > >>
> > > Our wishes have been granted.
> > > My FreeBSD box is a server only - no GUI - so I have no idea how
> > > runs.
> > >
> > > It does. I used the one with static Qt.
> >
> > As did I, but I can't seem to paste from the X-Windows buffer into the
> > FreeBSD-native Opera (the other way round works fine). However it does
> > work fine into the Linux-Opera running under emulation. Any hints?
> >
> > Additionally, Opera won't transfer the Linux license to a FreeBSD
> > one. I've complained that the only reason I bought the Linux license
> > is because a FreeBSD one didn't exist till now.
>
> I also seem to have an issue picking a printer further down on the list
> from what it finds first ALPHABETICALLY. :-(

It has a lot of bugs.  I registered it anyway.  Opera will fix the bugs
if they make money.  We need to vote with our wallets.  I'm sick and
tired of these 40MB gzipped source downloads for a fricking web browser.

If and when SciTech comes up with a universal X server that runs on FreeBSD,
I will jump all over that.  The OS/2 version is great.

lambert@lambertfam.org