Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2013 19:11:09 +0000
From:      "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
To:        Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com>
Cc:        Devin Teske <dteske@freebsd.org>, "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>, FreeBSD <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [CFT] bsdinstall and zfsboot enhancements

On Nov 12, 2013, at 4:02 AM, Johan Hendriks wrote:

> Teske, Devin schreef:
>> Hi all,
>>=20
>> Another Call For Testing...
>> This one is for bsdinstall.
>>=20
>> Two patchsets are required for this CFT:
>>=20
>> http://druidbsd.cvs.sf.net/viewvc/druidbsd/bsdinstall_debug/
>> http://druidbsd.cvs.sf.net/viewvc/druidbsd/bsdinstall_zfs/
>>=20
>> The enhancements are:
>>=20
>> + Add a `-D FILE" command-line option for overriding the
>> path to the bsdinstall log file (BSDINSTALL_LOG env var).
>>=20
>> + Document new `-D FILE' in the man page for bsdinstall.
>>=20
>> + If FILE in `-D FILE' begins with a +, debug output goes to
>> stdout (interleaved between dialog(1) invocations/output) as
>> well as to FILE (minus the leading + of course).
>>=20
>> + If BSDINSTALL_LOG cannot be written, then debugging is
>> disabled (except in the case of a leading + in the pathname,
>> wherein debug will still be printed to stdout).
>>=20
>> + Update source code format to approximate a future shstyle(9)
>>=20
>> + Fix a dangling participle ("Begun ..." -> "Began ...")
>>=20
>> + Rewrite the docsinstall script (was necessary to abate direct
>> dependency on BSDINSTALL_LOG (instead, use fault-tolerant
>> bsdconfig framework which displays appropriate errors for
>> package management).
>>=20
>> + Add additional debug output for dhclient/rtsol/wpa_cliscan
>>=20
>> + Display script errors in a textbox rather than just on stdout
>>=20
>> + Update many coments.
>>=20
>> + Add new f_show_err() API call (like f_show_msg but changes
>> the dialog title to "Error")(see bsdconfig's `common.subr').
>>=20
>> + Add new f_eval_catch() API call for executing a command via
>> eval but not before logging the command to debug. Several
>> example cases documented in API header for function in
>> bsdconfig's `common.subr'.
>>=20
>> + Fix dialog auto-sizing when launched as an rvalue to a pipe
>> for indirected scripts (previously would default to 80x24 sizing
>> in this case, now it can autosize to full size even when in a pipe
>> chain).
>>=20
>> + Fix a bug in f_snprintf wherein if the $format argument began
>> with a "-" or "--" it would be misinterpreted as a flag to printf. (this
>> is in bsdcofig's strings.subr)
>>=20
>> + Add accompanying f_sprintf() and f_vsprintf() to go along with
>> already existing f_snprintf() and f_vsnprintf() (see bsdconfig's
> [...]

If I understand correctly, it does this by default.
--=20
Devin

The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidentia=
l. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message an=
d all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any ma=
nner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be aware=
 that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and revie=
w by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.