Date:      Fri, 3 Feb 2006 10:21:41 -0500
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi+kde@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, Sergey Matveychuk <sem@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/86310: [patch] all-depends-list target of bsd.port.mk is buggy

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 04:08 pm, Kris Kennaway wrote:
= I have discovered a related problem, which is that when a :target is
= specified e.g. in PATCH_DEPENDS, it does not correctly recurse to
= discover the necessary dependencies. še.g. the cups-magicolor port has
=
= PATCH_DEPENDS= š${NONEXISTENT}:${PORTSDIR}/print/cups-base:configure
=
= but the only patch dependency added is
=
= (ports-i386:~/7/ports/print/cups-magicolor)> make describe | cut -f 9 -d \|
= /var/portbuild/i386/7/ports//print/cups-base

Kris, I did not touch the describe target. Worse -- it is implemented in Perl
of all things... Are you sure, it is related to this PR at all?

	-mi

= when it should go and add all the build dependencies of cups-base
= (e.g. gmake), and their runtime dependencies (libiconv, etc).
=
= I'd really appreciate if you could work on this too. šFor now the only
= workaround is to explicitly add the full dependency list to the
= affected ports by hand.