Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 2001 19:16:44 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Arjan Knepper <arjan@jak.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Winbond chip (W6692CF)ISDN problems

From=20the keyboard of Arjan Knepper:

> I installed the newest version of i4b on a FreeBSD 4.1 release,
> configured and recompiled the kernel without any problems. But the new
> ISDN enabled kernel reports several errors and warnings:
>=20
> 1.) i4b-L1 dchan_receive : bad read status 0xb0
> 2.) i4b-L2 i4b_ph_data_ind : ERROR, I-frame < 6 octets!
> 3.) i4b-L2 i4b_rxd_u_frame : not mine - UNKNOWN TYPE ERROR, sapi =3D32,
> tei=3D0 frame=3D 0x81 0x1 0x17 0x0

There were two similar reports on this list and since then (for=20
over a month now) i=B4m using a Winbond based card in my 4.2-stable=20
router to connect to two destinations one using userland PPP and
the other using isp/isppp.

Even under heavy load, i can=B4t reproduce any of the problems you
and the other reports mentioned.

hellmuth
--=20
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47=
-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47=
-77
Oldesloer Strasse 97-99                               Mail  hm [at] hcs.de
D-22457 Hamburg                                       WWW   http://www.hcs.=
de