Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 13:34:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <hoek@hwcn.org>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc:        drifter@stratos.net, Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, fpawlak@execpc.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does it's true?

On Sun, 28 Jun 1998, Eivind Eklund wrote:

> This is depend very much on where you introduce humans and human
> worth.  IMO, human worth is connected to relationships, both to other
> humans and to self.  If you want to bring in 'potential' at an early
> pre-born stage, you're on a slippery slope - what about the potential
> of the kid you could have with the lady over on the right?  We're

Your theorized basis for human worth is showing.  An infant at a
pre-born stage has no relationships to other humans, therefore
its only value can be derived from its "potential" value.
However, as you rightly point out, the argument about "potential"
value in a pre-born infant is mostly null (unless you can
demonstrate that a particular pre-born was very genetically
predisposed to developing at some point in the future many strong
relationships with other humans).

You may rightly guess that the value of a human is derived from
more than just how many names said human can list.  :-)

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk