Date:      Sat, 29 Aug 2020 02:44:17 +0000
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Does FreeBSD have an assigned Internet OID?

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:=0A=
>Rick Macklem writes:=0A=
>> For the NFS over TLS work, I have a need for an Internet OID.=0A=
>> (I understand that IETF assigns ones for things like SNMP under=0A=
>> 1.3.6.1.4.1...)=0A=
>=0A=
>See:=0A=
>=0A=
>        /usr/share/snmp/mibs/FREEBSD-MIB.txt=0A=
Is https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26225=0A=
sufficient to allow me to use 1.3.6.1.4.1.2238.1.1.1 for a user@domain=0A=
name in this otherName component of subjAltName in the X.509 cert?=0A=
(I didn't list the UserName as the first item of the subtree. Should I?)=0A=
=0A=
Do I need to update the date/time for LAST-UPDATED and REVISION=0A=
when I commit it, I'd guess?=0A=
=0A=
Thanks, rick=0A=
=0A=
--=0A=
Poul-Henning Kamp       | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20=0A=
phk@FreeBSD.ORG         | TCP/IP since RFC 956=0A=
FreeBSD committer       | BSD since 4.3-tahoe=0A=
Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence.=
=0A=
=0A=