Date:      Fri, 8 Oct 1999 09:09:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Non-standard FFS parameters

:>
:>     Adjusting the bytes-per-inode (-i) specification in newfs should not
:>     pose a problem.
:
:IOW now you say it's ok to use very high values of -i... ;-)
:
:Andrzej Bialecki

    No, I didn't say that.  My recommended maximum is still 262144.  Fsck
    should be reasonably fast with that number and the filesystem should
    still be able to maintain reasonable efficiency.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>