Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 18:00:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      mi@video-collage.com
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/12722: New port: AT&T's DjVu library for scanned images

The following reply was made to PR ports/12722; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: mi@video-collage.com
To: Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami <asami@FreeBSD.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 20:49:11 -0500 (EST)

 On 29 Mar, Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:
 =  * From: Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
 =
 =  *  product). So, I'm  puting the IS_INTERACTIVE there  and ignore the
 =  *  portlint's coercing  about it  :) NO_CDROM  or NO_PACKAGE  are not
 =  *  needed, which is good :)
 =
 = As  I say  on  the error  logs  page,  you might  not  realize it  but
 = IS_INTERACTIVE is actually stronger than all the NO_*s combined, since
 = I  no longer  have time  to  fetch and  build IS_INTERACTIVE  packages
 = manually. If  you set IS_INTERACTIVE,  you can pretty much  assume the
 = distfile or package won't show up anywhere on the FTP site or CDROMs.

 Well, I did not realize, you  can not even _fetch_ the interactive ports
 :-(

 = By the way, if  it's only for the license, why don't you  do it in the
 = REQ script? (Look at editors/e93).

 It is not  only the license --  the script will extract  the source code
 out from itself, only  if the license is accepted. It  can be hacked not
 to, but that's very likely to violate the license...

 	-mi