Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 23:01:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@dreamhaven.net>
To:        Loren Koss <loren@pciway.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple NIC Cards - how to use??

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Loren Koss wrote:

> Okay, I have two Etherlink III ISA cards one at 0x300/10IRQ
> and one at 0x210/12IRQ, at boot time it recognizes two
> cards and lists the two addresses, but then goes ahead
> and sets up ep0 and I don't know how to use the other
> card.  I want to build a firewall for my network.

I can't help much with the firewall since I'm struggling with that myself.
:)  However, from what you're saying, it sounds like you have support for
both cards compiled into your kernel.  All that has to be done now is to
edit your /etc/rc.conf file and 1) add "ed1" or whatever the card's name
is to the list of interfaces on the "network_interfaces" line, and 2) add
a configuration line for it that will configure its IP address and subnet
mask.  Assuming your card is ed1, the line would start off with:
ifconfig_ed1="inet x.x.x.x netmask y.y.y.y" where x.x.x.x is the IP
address, and y.y.y.y is the subnet mask.

Hope that helps some!