Date:      Fri, 1 Jul 2016 11:59:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Don Lewis <truckman@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   what to do when base openssl isn't suitable

I've got a port that does not work with base openssl because it looks
for libssl.pc.  Other than that, I don't think it is picky about what
flavor of ports ssl is installed.  Because the default version of ssl
still defaults to base, I don't see a way to get this port to build on
the cluster, so there is no way to provide binary packages.  That's a
problem for end users because this port has bunch of huge build
dependencies.  Thoughts?