Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:28:13 +0200
From:      Sebastiaan van Erk <sebster@sebster.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Maple 5.1

Bull Dog wrote:

> Has anybody tried to install Maple 5.1 or any relase of Maple on their
> machine?  I am trying to get it to run, but when I do ./maple or ./xmaple, I
> get this message:

Yes, I've got maple version 6.0 running on my machine.
It's pretty straightforward, you have to brandelf -t Linux all the
executables, and change one script to recognize the FreeBSD operating
system.

This script is located in the maple bin directory and at least in
version 6.0 it's called maple.system.type.

It's got a case statement in there for linux, i.e.:

   "Linux")
      blablabla

Just clone that one for freebsd:

   "FreeBSD")