Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 11:38:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Freeze <jim@freeze.org>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   php install and ./configure -with-mysql

Hi:

I am following the article "Installing Apache and PHP" found in the
May/June issue of Daemon News - issue 4. In the article it says to
configure apache like so:

  ./configure -with-mysql -with-apache=../apache_1.3.20

I did this and received the following message at the end of the configure:
|                        *** WARNING ***                             |
| You chose to compile PHP with the built-in MySQL support.  If you  |
| are compiling a server module, and intend to use other server      |
| modules that also use MySQL (e.g, mod_auth_mysql, PHP 3.0,         |
| mod_perl) you must NOT rely on PHP's built-in MySQL support, and   |
| instead build it with your local MySQL support files, by adding    |
| --with-mysql=/path/to/mysql to your configure line.                |

If I choose to use the --with-mysql=/path/to/mysql, what do I use as my
path? I installed mysql via pkg_add. Is the path the path to the
executable or header files or what?

Thanks

Jim

find /usr -name mysql\*
/usr/local/bin/mysql
/usr/local/bin/mysqladmin
/usr/local/bin/mysqldump
/usr/local/bin/mysqlimport
/usr/local/bin/mysqlshow
/usr/local/bin/mysqltest
/usr/local/bin/mysql_config
/usr/local/bin/mysql_convert_table_format
/usr/local/bin/mysql_find_rows
/usr/local/bin/mysql_fix_privilege_tables
/usr/local/bin/mysql_install_db
/usr/local/bin/mysql_setpermission
/usr/local/bin/mysql_zap
/usr/local/bin/mysqlaccess
/usr/local/bin/mysqlbinlog
/usr/local/bin/mysqlbug
/usr/local/bin/mysqld_multi
/usr/local/bin/mysqldumpslow
/usr/local/bin/mysqlhotcopy
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh
/usr/local/include/mysql
/usr/local/include/mysql/mysql.h
/usr/local/include/mysql/mysql_com.h
/usr/local/include/mysql/mysql_version.h
/usr/local/include/mysql/mysqld_error.h
/usr/local/info/mysql.info
/usr/local/lib/mysql
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld