Date:      Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:11:54 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Lev Serebryakov <lev@serebryakov.spb.ru>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ghostscript 6 FreeBSD port

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 07:02:29PM +0300, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, Andreas! As I can see, your are Ok. Am I right?

Yes, slowly "my old beef" recovers ;-)

> Tuesday, January 16, 2001, 9:44:47 AM, you wrote:
>=20
> >>  Will port print/ghostscript6 port be upgraded to version 6.50?
> AK> Yes soon. I already prepared gs for gs 6.5 and the hpdj successor
> AK> pcl3. But Mertin Lottermoser (the author of hpdj and pcl3) suggested
> AK> not to use only the pcl3 Beta ... He told me, both can be used within
> AK> the same binary. But currently I'm slowly refreshing from a bad cold
> AK> and I have to fine tune the devices in the configure script.
> AK> Thats, where I ended some days ago.
>   Ok. Thx for information. I hope, you will be Ok as soon as
>   possible. Illness is bad thing.

I'm nearly finished...

- The port builds and installs already fine in BATCH mode.
- Fine tuning of configure scripts is going on...
  I still have to look at all the devices in devs.mak and contrib.mak
  and to update the scripts ... this is work in progress...
- then I have to revamp interactive configuration...

If all is ready I'll commit, otherwise I can't make sure, that
I finished all things.

Additionally I'm waiting for an answer from ports, if there is
a tagging standard, to tag the old working port just for the case
the new port makes problems for people ...

	Andreas ///

--=20
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 4.2 SMP
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/

--TB36FDmn/VVEgNH/--