Date:      Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:26:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brad Miele <bmiele@ipnstock.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   bge watchdog errors in -STABLE

Hi,

Last week, i cvsupped two HP Proliant DL380 G4 machines to the most recent
stable, which replaced the bge driver from mid may with the one committed
on or around June 24. Since updating, my cards, Broadcom BCM5704C have
been throwing occasional watchdog timeout errors on their shared
1000basetx net. These errors do not currently seem to be effecting much,
and there have only been 6 since last friday, but I would like to clear
them up.

I noted that the current version of the bge driver had code backed out
from the previous one, and an option "BGE_FAKE_AUTONEG" was added. I
have tried enabling this option, as it seems to pertain to this chipset,
but the errors are still occuring. I am thinking of switching the cards
from autoselect to explicit 1000basetx, with one of them set to link0.

Please confirm that this is a reasonable next step and let me know any
other information that will be useful.

Regards,

Brad
   Brad Miele