Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 98 09:26:20 +0200
From:      THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr
To:        ashcan@orc.ru
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Network subsystem

Hi,

Have a look at **the** reference book :
"The design and implementation of the 4.4 BSD Operating system"
M.K McKusick, K. Bostic, M. J. Karels and J. S> Quartermann
(ISBN 0-201-54979-4 / Addison Wesley Publishing Co.)

The part 4 is all about interprocess communication and the network stack.

There is also the 2nd volume of the TCP/IP Illustrated by W Richard
Stevens (Addison Wesley too)

	TfH