Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 08:25:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
To:        dirkx@webweaving.org (Dirk-Willem van Gulik)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB hub + Ethernet (Entrega 3U1E)

Dirk-Willem van Gulik writes:
| On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Annelise Anderson wrote:
| > 	This usb hub with built-in ethernet works fine in Windows98
| > on my Sony VAIO C1X (thus, no pccard needed for ethernet access)
| > and is "found" by FreeBSD but I assume there's no driver for the
| > ethernet connection (or the floppy).
|
| > 	I'm just curious whether there is likely to be support
| > for this sort of thing or whether it requires the cooperation of
| > Entrega in providing information, or what.
|
| Have a look at the USB effort; www.etla.net/~n_hibma/usb.
|
| There are some points there which might be of help. Do you have any idea
| as to what is inside the unit ? If it looks like the other Entrega unit's
| you might want to ask around on the maining list there.

Hmm, I wonder if they use an Anchor core to drive the ethernet.  I forget
but someone made a device with an 8051 & ethernet chip.  Annelise,
why don't you try popping the thing open and read off the chip numbers.

I can finally build Anchor firmware reliably by netbooting DOS off my
laptop and mounting the Anchor tree via smb.  Now on to proving I can
talk to it.

Doug A.