Date:      Tue, 07 May 1996 15:30:29 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Mike O'Brien" <obrien@antares.aero.org>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch), chat@freebsd.org, juphoff@tarsier.cv.nrao.edu
Subject:   Re: [Forwarded e-mail from Alexander O. Yuriev]

Well, no need for extended debate, but Kirk owns the copyright on "the
daemon image" and I guess it doesn't really much matter beyond that.

>From what I understand, it was actually copyrighted by Rick Adams, who
then assigned it to UUNET who then turned around and gave it to Kirk
McKusick to keep "in trust" to prevent misuse.  It was sort of a group
decision among the UNIX old guard to leave it in the hands of someone
whom they felt would treat it with the appropriate respect.

						Jordan