Date:      Sat, 15 Mar 1997 17:18:13 -0800
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        srn@flibble.psrg.cs.usyd.edu.au, freebsd-platforms@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Some one working on a SPARC version?

John Birrell wrote:

> > The NetBSD SPARC port is impressing, it runs SunOS 4.1 stuff and
> > emulates some Solaris also. Since we canīt beat them...I guess we will
> > some day copy most of their stuff.
>
> I always thought the saying was: "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em".

While there is no FreeBSD for other architectures I *do* recommend
NetBSD or OpenBSD to my friends.

> Why not _share_ "their" stuff?  Sigh.

Porting FreeBSD to other architectures is more than just using a ports
tree and adapting the VM. We must keep our stuff to retain our identity
8)...
Well "copy" or "share" is about the same in the free world.

 Pedro.