Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 12:18:21 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, gibbs@FreeBSD.ORG, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ahh, I think I see part of the problem.. (CAM bouncing)

>> >Also, there doesn't appear to be anything to stop the DMA counters crossing
>> >the dreaded 16MB boundary..
>>
>> ???  If you are talking about the problem below, feel free to adjust the
>> filter to exclude the pages that may cause a wrap.
>
>Well, a page won't cause a wrap, but a single dma transfer shouldn't be
>allowed to cross the boundary.

I wasn't trying to be that specific.  If you have the filter reject all
pages just above the wrap point, the transfer cannot span the wrap point.
This breaks apart transfers that start at that page location as well as those
that span it, but it does do what you want without having to but a special
case into the code.

--
Justin