Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:13:30 -0700
From:      Ben Speirs <bspeirs@toxic.magnesium.net>
To:        anholt@teleport.com
Cc:        Daniel Kim <dk@cs.purdue.edu>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Radeon + FreeBSD

Eric Anholt wrote:

> Well, my ISP has been unblocked from mailing FreeBSD lists, so I can answer
> that now.  The Radeon code compiles just fine, and I think the AGP cards
> should work.  However, it is untested and that is why it is marked unknown.
> If anyone with a Radeon could try the DRI with it and tell me, I would love
> to update the page with info.
>
> On Sunday 08 July 2001 16:20, you wrote:
> > I can see that the DRI support for Radeon is marked "unknown" according
> > to http://www.teleport.com/~anholt/devel/dri/ (And I appreciate each
> > developer's contributions to this project).
> >
> > But before I purchase a Radeon, I would like to hear some feedback if
> > anybody had success with their Radeon AGP card running X4 under FreeBSD
> > (either -CURRENT or -STABLE)?
> >
> > --dk

> > with "unsubscribe freebsd-multimedia" in the body of the message
>
> --
> Eric Anholt
> anholt@teleport.com

I will give it a shot this weekend and give you some feedback.  I'm
currently using my Radeon, un-accelerated, with XFree86 built from the
xfree86.org CVS, circa Jun 23.  It is painfully slow.  Unfortunately
there are issues with my AMD motherboard and this video card when using
XFree which may prevent proper testing.
--
-Ben Speirs