Date:      Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:37:49 -0700
From:      "Garcia, Tony" <tony.garcia@lmco.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   mtree

Another developer received approval to test mtree for our project.  He
has since left and no one knows anything about this application.  We are
looking at mtree as a way to provide auditing of machines for
permissions, ownership and date changes as well as performing cksum on
each file.   Is there any way you can point me to documentation that
gives me a high and low level of what mtree can do.  I've tried
compiling the version that was downloaded, but it fails because it needs
other files which are not present (like .h files).

I'd appreciate any help you can provide.  The google returns are far too
numerous to make heads or tails from.  I also have checked the freebsd
info but I can't find any documentation.  Thank you.

Tony Garcia