Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 19:28:47 +0100
From:      "Carlos J. G. Duarte" <cgd@teleweb.pt>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Paul Branston <apbran@rannoch.demon.co.uk>, Charles Randall <crandall@matchlogic.com>, Mark Thomas <thomas@clark.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HTML => text port - does one exist?

Ben Smithurst wrote:

> Paul Branston wrote:
>
> > since lynx is deprecated in the ports tree
>
> Lynx is WHAT?  That's the first I've heard of it.  I suspect you're
> thinking of when it was marked FORBIDDEN because of security problems,
> but this is no longer the case.

well, w3m is somehow better than lynx, smaller and faster (these
last two, with no contest, for sure), altough its not fully
featured as lynx.

as for the options for text conversion, is the same as lynx:
	w3m -dump x.html > x.txt

one can add -cols to specify pretended width:
	w3m -cols 72 -dump x.html > x.txt

--
carlos