Date:      Tue, 10 May 2005 09:54:13 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        FreeMan@fantasymail.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Kernel Driver Problem

In message: <11958.1115719354@www15.gmx.net>
            FreeMan@fantasymail.de writes:
: Hello Warner
:
: Do you know maybe a way how i can fix this or
: get more details that tell me more? I am not a
: programmer, i readed the code but it didnt helped
: me anything. In that driver zip file is a file
: called icp2.ko . ICP wrote they tested that file
: and offered it for FreeBSD 5.0 . I tryed to use that
: module file for a 5.3-RELEASE with the hope that it
: work. But the kernel boot up without load the kernel
: module and hold for mount error because it cant see
: the raid array. That confuse me a lot ...
:
: Any chance that you or any other one help me out?

Get sources that don't do this.  I'm not sure what else to say about
this since I have no experience with this driver.  5.0 and 5.3 are way
different beasts, and the .ko for 5.0 won't work with 5.3...

Warner