Date:      Tue, 6 Feb 1996 11:09:56 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        mmead@Glock.COM (matthew c. mead)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hotjava

>     Well, due to Netscape's inability to get Java support out the door for BSDI
> with their 2.0 release, I was thinking of looking into JDK source code and
> porting, and I remembered something about this.  Has anyone gotten this
> working, and/or gotten pthreads fully working?  Are we going to have a
> multithreading kernel soon?  Just curious about some of these issues...

A multithreading kernel isn't strictly necessary.  There is an alpha
versio of a Linux and NetBSD port that the authors won't (can't?)
distribute because of the licensing.

Did you get the "Kaffe" announcement of a JAVA replacement with some
interesting translate-to-machine-code-on-the-fly features?  It was on
the -announce list today.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---