Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 20:12:38 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
Cc:        peter stern <peter@65north.com>, chuckr@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: xpdf-0.90

Chuck Robey wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, peter stern wrote:
>
> > Are there any known problems with the xpdf in ports in the 3.4 release?
> > I can't get it
> > to compile. The configuration hangs during checking
> >
> > configure:2854: checking whether external symbols need an underscore
> > prefix
> > configure:2873: cc -o conftest -O -pipe   conftest.c conftest_asm.s
> > 1>&5
> > (end of "config.log")
>
> Yeah, there's something wrong with the t1libs port.
>
> I get kinda steamed when folks make changes in my ports without asking me,
> and then expect me to maintain those non-trivial changes.  That's what
> happened with xpdf ... I can't remember who added the dependency on
> devel/t1libs, but when it broke (and it did) it took t1libs with it.

	I sent in a report to -ports and ijliao@csie.nctu.edu.tw (who is listed
as maintainer for the t1lib port) on 4/6 that described the problem with
the t1lib port, namely that it has been upgraded to 1.0.1, and
apparently all of the GNU sites have taken 1.0 off the ftp servers. I
finally submitted a PR, number 18042 which handles the very simplistic
upgrade if you're interested. I have yet to receive any comments from
the maintainer or -ports.

Doug
--
Excess on occasion is exhilarating.  It prevents moderation from
acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.