Date:      02 Apr 2000 21:46:28 +0200
From:      assar@stacken.kth.se
To:        Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Once more: Arla

Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu> writes:
> assar@stacken.kth.se wrote:
> > I don't know how many there are that use the FreeBSD port/package.
> > There are people that run Arla under FreeBSD but I think they mostly
> > grab the tarboll and build it from there.
>
> Now why didn't I think of that.

Well, I, as an Arla-hacker, try to make things build smoothly (or as
smoothly as it can be done) on all supported platforms, including
FreeBSD.  But it doesn't hurt to have an even easier to install
pkg/package in my view.  But the real reason that I submitted upgrades
to the FreeBSD port was that someone else had done the port some time
ago and then it hadn't been kept up-to-date with either -current or
newer Arla versions.  This seemed a pity to me, so I submitted the
patches to make it working again.

/assar