Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 07:00:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Yoichi NAKAYAMA <yoichi@eken.phys.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/40129: New port: editors/docbook-mode.el

The following reply was made to PR ports/40129; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Yoichi NAKAYAMA <yoichi@eken.phys.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
To: Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 22:55:21 +0900

 At Sun, 14 Jul 2002 11:51:39 -0700,
 Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> wrote:
 > Hrm... not sure what I was thinking when I did this Makefile.  :-/
 > Updated Makefile attached.  Thank you.

 Calm yourself, please. EMACSLISPDIR is not defined in your new Makefile.
 EMACS_SITE_LISPDIR is not defined also (as far as EMACS_PORT_NAME is not
 set). I recommend you to test carefully before posting.

 > FWIW, I'm making the XEMACSLISPDIR in the event that the user doesn't
 > have xemacs installed.  -sc

 Same is true for emacs. "${MKDIR} ${EMACS_LISPDIR}" is needed in
 do-install stage, or define EMACS_PORT_NAME so that the port depends
 on some Emacsen.

 BTW,
 * I feel that "docbookide.el" seems better name for this port.
   How do you think this?
 * It might better make subdirectory (site-lisp/docbookide) under
   site-lisp and do not mess up just under site-lisp directory.
   (This will force old emacsen users to add load-path by hands.
   FYI, GNU Emacs 20, 21 automatically add subdirectories to
   load-path automatically.)

 Regards,
 --
 Yoichi Nakayama