Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 13:35:38 -0400
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>
To:        "Nawfal M. Rouyan" <op4l@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: agp and 3dfx

XFree86-4 has been updated to the newest version. It has a kld named
tdfx.ko that must be installed into /modules/. When you load X, it will
load dri, agp, and tdfx all for you. There is also a 3dfx.ko to work
with /dev/3dfx. This is provided to support device accesses for glide
programs, like quake3 and all. It currently has some issues with the
Voodoo3 and Banshee hardware, but I could use another tester. It is part
of -CURRENT, and will most likely panic your box, but some output sent
to me about the crash would be helpful. Actually, if anyone has an old
agp 3dfx card they'dl ike to donate for this development, it would be
helpful. I have been testing it with my voodoo2 board with much success,
but I have had some responses from users with Voodoo3's that say that
they haven't gotten it to work.

Nawfal M. Rouyan had the audacity to say:

> hi all,
>    How do one make use of the new agp driver?
> Recently, there were discussions on the new 3dfx
> driver. Where can i get it? is it in the base system already?

Coleman Kane
President,
UC Free O.S. Users Group - http://pohl.ececs.uc.edu