Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 1999 10:20:36 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: conf/10715: Console font loading problem at boot time

> Yeah, sure. But PC architecture only has extra scan lines for
> characters 208 through 211 (or similar range, I don't quite recall).
> Using any others for the mouse pointer results in an ugly mouse
> pointer. This is actually an available option, as Yokota-san has
> mentioned, and is probably mentioned in the LINT.

Is there a way to embed in the font an indication of which character
cells to use for the mouse pointer?  If you make the information 'optional'
we would only need to update the fonts that have useful characters in
the default mouse pointer location.  This seems like a more general
configuration strategy instead of hard coding the location in the kernel
for all fonts.

--
Justin