Date:      Fri, 13 Jan 1995 17:53:13 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        kargl@crosby.apl.washington.edu (Steven G. Kargl)
Cc:        jkh@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: 950112-SNAP floppy bug

> Anyway, it appears that the disklabel portion of the install does
> not check the disk partition table for valid partition info if it
> finds that the disk has previously been label.  My 30MB hole seems
> to confuse the process.

Poul/Paul - comments here?

> It seems that if you select bindist, manpage, srcdist, XFree, and
> libcompat, then bindist is extracted 5 times, manpages 4 times, srcdist
> 3 times, libcompat 2 times, and Xfree once.

Hmmmmmm!!!  I think this is some evil with Poul's all-singing, all
dancing magic extract.sh that has never actually worked.  I voted for
making it know how to extract ONE kind of distribution in the
beginning, was overruled, and now it looks like I'm about to have my
way after all as this is simply not acceptable.

I'll look into it.  Looks like I'll be rolling another snapshot soon
after all, since a lot of changes have hit the tree recently.  Sigh..

					Jordan