Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2013 13:30:01 GMT
From:      isdtor <isdtor@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/178647: java/openjdk6 does not build (without extra hack)

The following reply was made to PR ports/178647; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: isdtor <isdtor@gmail.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, rfg@tristatelogic.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 14:29:26 +0100

 I have the same environment as Ronald and the fix should be relatively trivial.

 It's a Makefile problem, as far as I can tell, and all the env and
 make.conf variables that are being bandied about did not help me. I
 was able to overcome the compile problem by manually creating the
 following directories after the compile bombed out

 /usr/ports/java/openjdk6/work/hotspot/src/cpu/amd64
 /usr/ports/java/openjdk6/work/hotspot/src/cpu/amd64/vm
 /usr/ports/java/openjdk6/work/hotspot/src/os_cpu/bsd_amd64
 /usr/ports/java/openjdk6/work/hotspot/src/os_cpu/bsd_amd64/vm

 and copying the files from the corresponding (bsd_)?x86/vm directory
 at the same level into them, based on the observation that they
 contain both x86 and amd64 files.

 I have not checked whether these vm directories are distributed or
 generated during build. I also can't tell if these directories could
 be created automatically under different circumstances - I'm simply
 building a fresh machine with updated ports (head) and followed the
 handbook instructions for installing the IcedTea plugin.