Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 2002 13:03:40 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
To:        Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: cups-1.1.15.1

all ghostscript-gnu-nox11 does is build ghostscript-gnu with WITHOUT_X11
defined.

any machine that isn't running X should have WITHOUT_X11 in
/etc/make.conf so there's never any ports headaches like these.

note that WITHOUT_X11 will work for most other X-optional ports, like
emacs, vim, cvsup, some image manipulation libs, etc.

-Adam

--
"Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw."
        -Lilo, "Lilo & Stitch"