Date:      Sat, 8 May 1999 13:00:34 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        hodeleri@seattleu.edu (Eric Hodel)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tosha after CAM changes

Eric Hodel wrote...
> "Kenneth D. Merry" wrote:
> >
> > Eric Hodel wrote...
> > > I'm having trouble using tosha after the CAM changes, I updated source
> > > early this morning (around 7:00 PDT 5/7/1999) including ports, then
> > > make deinstall make distclean in /usr/ports/audio/tosha then make &&
> > > make install and tosha, and now tosha gives me (as root):
> > >
> > > #tosha -t1
> > > tosha: cam_lookup_pas: CAMGETPASSTHRU ioctl failed
> > > cam_lookup_pass: Inappropriate ioctl for device
> > >
> > > This is using a Teac CD-532S CD-ROM (SCSI2) attached to an onboard
> > > AIC-7890 on an ASUS P2B-LS
> > >
> > > cdrecord's eject, info, pause, play, resume, set, status, stop, and
> > > volume work
> > >
> > > cdrecord's close never worked, and now debug on and reset do not work
> > > (don't know if they worked or not before.)
> >
> > [ .. ]
> >
> > Did you do a make world?
>
> Yes, sorry about that, forgot the most important part.

Hmm, so you did a make world?

I assume you mean "cdcontrol" above, and not "cdrecord".  You can't pause,
play, etc., cds with cdrecord.  cdcontrol uses the ioctl interface to the
cd driver, and so it shouldn't be affected.

Well, can you send me the output of the following commands:

find /usr/include/cam -print |xargs ident

ls -la /usr/lib/libcam*

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry