Date:      Mon, 5 Jan 1998 19:13:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rudy Gireyev <rgireyev@yahoo.com>
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 755 & Xfree386

Bob the first thing I would recommend is to go with as plain vanilla
setting as you can. Once you get it to work then you can try new
stuff. Some suggestions:
1) Use VGA16 server (SVGA may imply resolutions above 640x480)
2) If it still doesn't work try 50Mhz setting for the monitor (Or
whatever option 1 is on that list :-)).
3) If still doesn't work leave RAMDAC and clock setting unset and let
XF86Config come up with the values.

Rudy