Date:      Tue, 07 Mar 2000 12:07:51 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        keramida@ceid.upatras.gr
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Commiters guide in -mandoc

On Tue, 07 Mar 2000 02:10:16 +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:

> I've finished the markup in -mandoc and the entire document can now be
> found at

Okay, I've had a brief look at this.  I think that it is inappropriate
to include a manual page for committers in the base system, because so
few users are committers.  A much more useful contribution (and one more
likely to be included) is a contribute.7 .

The problem is that you've very definitely targetted committers with
this page.  It looks like it'd be quite a bit of work turning it into
contribute.7 .

In all honesty, though, I'm not sure how many people would figure out
that they need to ``man contribute''.  I think it's much more likely
that people are going to look for this sort of information on the
web pages.  Therefore, this should probably be done as a patch to
doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/books/handbook/contrib/chapter.sgml .

Ciao,
Sheldon.