Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:23:49 -0500
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        julian@elischer.org
Subject:   Re: PERFORCE change 38917 for review

* "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> [ Date: 2003-09-30 ]
	[ w.r.t. Re: PERFORCE change 38917 for review ]
> In message: <Pine.BSF.4.21.0309301448160.53279-100000@InterJet.elischer.org>
>             Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> writes:
> : Someone who understands all this stuff should update
> :
> : /usr/share/examples/drivers/make_device_driver.sh
>
> That's premature at this time.  We're trying to hash out the
> guarnatees that various subsystems need to make in order to ensure
> that we can successfully detach drivers.

In other words, the strawman is being used to find the fundamental
flaws/races/... that we need to grow the APIs/etc. to accomodate?

Groovy.  Better APIs and primitives :D
--
juli mallett. email: jmallett@freebsd.org; efnet: juli; aim: bsdflata;
i have lost my way home early - i don't care cause i won't stay there.