Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 18:08:09 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>, <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>, <dunham@dunham.org>, <jdunham@m3designinc.com>, <jdunham@texas.net>
Subject:   Re: Ad-Hoc with Windows?

a wild ass guess about getting the firmware rev from XP....

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Wes Peters wrote:

> Will wicontrol show the firmware revision?  I looked at my card with a
> WinXP system, but couldn't figger out how to get the firmware rev out
> of Windows.  Boo hiss.  I couldn't find it in the ifconfig or wicontrol
> output either.

go to whatever the moral equivalent of

Start->Settings->ControlPanel->System->DeviceManager

in WinXP and select the wifi card driver and then *right click* on it and
see if you get any menus or tabcontrols and if you do, poke about in there
a bit.

you might also try ipconfig in a dos shell....does xp have a dos shell?
bet it dont...stupid thing. i am so grateful i bought Win98/SE just before
ME came out.....

hell. i'd go back to NT4 as my 'other OS' on my laptop if i could get
CardBus support...

but M$FT has consumed enuf Head-Cycles from me for one day....
--

John L. Utz III
john@utzweb.net

Idiocy is the Impulse Function in the Convolution of Life