Date:      Sat, 30 Oct 1999 17:13:09 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Rene de Vries <rene@canyon.demon.nl>
To:        FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Natd+PKT_ALIAS_PUNCH_FW missing something?

Hello,

Am I missing something? I modified natd.c so an extra option was available to
turn on punch firewall (see diff below). When I activated this option it did
not seem to work (ftp-data is still blocked by my firewall). When I add a
general allow line for any traffic from 20 to 1023- it (of course) works. But
the whole idea was to get rid of this line...

Rene

-- BEGIN --
*** natd.c.orig Sat Oct 30 17:01:40 1999
--- natd.c      Sat Oct 30 17:09:49 1999
***************
*** 852,857 ****
--- 852,858 ----
  enum Option {

        PacketAliasOption,
+       PunchFW,
        Verbose,
        InPort,
        OutPort,
***************
*** 955,960 ****
--- 956,969 ----
                "same_ports",
                "m" },

+       { PunchFW,
+               PKT_ALIAS_PUNCH_FW,
+               String,
+               "basenumber:count",
+               "punch holes in the firewall for incomming ftp data connections",
+               "punch_fw",
+               NULL },
+
        { Verbose,
                0,
                YesNo,
***************
*** 1168,1173 ****
--- 1177,1189 ----

                aliasValue = yesNoValue ? info->packetAliasOpt : 0;
                PacketAliasSetMode (aliasValue, info->packetAliasOpt);
+               break;
+
+       case PunchFW:
+               if (sscanf(strValue, "%u:%u", &basefw, &count) != 2)
+                       errx(1, "%s needs basefw:count", info->name);
+               PacketAliasSetFWBase(basefw, count);
+               PacketAliasSetMode(PKT_ALIAS_PUNCH_FW, PKT_ALIAS_PUNCH_FW);
                break;

        case Verbose:

-- END --

--