Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 1996 09:53:48 +0100
From:      Lars Koeller <Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        tpr@picspc01.pics.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: program cc1 got fatal signal 6

   Hello!

      If I  remember right, I've  gotten this message when my memory system
   was accessed  too  fast. Try to  disable  in the BIOS  hidden refresh or
   change DRAM type from  fastest to fast or slower  at last you can insert
   some waitstates.  This helps in my  case so i can  access  my memory now
   with 40 MHz BUSCLK (before 33 MHz) and an increased throuput.

       If you need more  information  don't hesitate  to  contact me.  I've
   2.0.5R and  an   old EISA/VLB  board now   running  with  an  AMD-x5-133
   overclocked to 160 MHz (4x40).

> I often get a cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6 when
> doing a compile, like making the kernel.  I have 2.1R and 16mb of memory.
> Any ideas?

   Regards

   Lars

Lars Köller			 Phone:  +49 381/498-1665, Fax: -1667
Universität Rostock (Germany)	 E-Mail:
Fachbereich Physik                 Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE
Universitätsplatz 3		 Anonymous ftp:
18051 Rostock                      ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de/pub