Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 10:10:40 -0200
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        phk@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Subject:   Re: Timing with clock_gettime(2) (sysutils/clockspeed port)

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 12:23:34PM +0100, phk@FreeBSD.ORG wrote:
> In message <20021223110426.2848.qmail@exxodus.fedaykin.here>, Mario Sergio Fuji
> kawa Ferreira writes:
>
> >"clockspeed uses a hardware tick counter to compensate for a persistently
> >fast or slow system clock. Given a few time measurements from a reliable
> >source, it computes and then eliminates the clock skew.
>
> Uhm, have you heard about ntpd ?

	Yeah, I have but I want to port this one. :)
It does its job fine as well. I do run ntpd in most installations
but clockspeed in some.

	Besides, it's about porting it not discussing merits. heheh

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer