Date:      Sat, 20 Feb 1999 13:50:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@iquest.net>
To:        brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, jcwells@u.washington.edu, hasty@rah.star-gate.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fascinating GPL License 8)

Brett Glass said:
> At 06:14 PM 2/19/99 +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
>
> >UCB's CSRG had the same requirement for BSD code.  It resulted in
> >"one blob" as well... a "blob" with a BSD license, and only one
> >advertising clause.
>
> That's quite a bit less obnoxious. It works better because the owner
> can assign the copyright and still use the code for commercial purposes.
> That's not possible under the General Poverty License.

That is the best description of the "GPL" I have EVER heard...  More
like GPLEFCVA$C...

General poverty license except for cdrom vendors and $upport companies.

(Hey, I don't care if people make money -- however developers should
 directly be in the money pipeline also !!!)

dyson@iquest.net      | it makes one look stupid