Date:      Mon, 18 Jun 2001 07:44:17 +0800
From:      Nick Slager <nicks@alexsi.com.au>
To:        Dominik Aegerter <da@imp.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: geforce 2 on a dell inspiron 8000

Thus spake Dominik Aegerter (da@imp.ch):

> has anybody got a geforce 2 on a dell i8k running ? (resolution: 1400x1050).
> at the moment i can use my card together with an old 15" crt monitor...
> but not on the lcd..

No, although there are some projects looking at getting this
working. Check out http://nvidia.explorer.org/ - there are links
to stuff at sourceforge etc from there. WARNING: It's mostly
non-functional at this stage.

There is an engineer at NVIDIA working on getting flat panel
support into the XFree86 4.x nv driver, although it is being done
in his spare time; don't expect anything soon.

FWIW, NVIDIA's binary linux drivers work "OK" under linux on the
Geforce2 Go.

Nick

--
Nick Slager             | Quidquid latine dictum
nicks@alexsi.com.au     | sit, altum viditur.