Date:      Fri, 19 Jun 1998 12:54:33 +0000
From:      "Duncan Barclay" <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   make buildworld or make release?

Hi

I run -2.2.6/stable on my fastish box at home. I would like to build
a current box for my old motherboard. I want to do the compiling on
my -2.2.6 box without clobbering it.

make release seems ideal, but for the fact it checks out a tree from
CVS, I haven't got the disk space to have an upto date CVS tree and
make a release, nor the bandwidth to download a tree.

I started looking at a make buildworld but
I think I would need to re-implement most of make release. Is this
correct? Or, is there another way? If it's the make release way I
guess that the cvs co could be replaced with a pax of my local copy
of the current source (CVSup'd last night).

Thanks

Duncan

PS. Had a good look throught the FAQ/handbook and archives, but
nothing exactly addressed what I want or it was too old (before
buildworld).