Date:      Sat, 9 May 1998 01:07:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com>
To:        drifter@stratos.net
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any one still use UUCP?

I'm in the US and I use UUCP. It is a little weird since it
is starkly different than what most people are used to
with the contemporary Internet.

The best use that I have made of it is UUCP over TCP for
scheduled mail transfers. Folks without a dedicated line and
who don't want a dailup going up and down for each bit of mail
sent out can benefit from UUCP's queuing and scheduling. It
is also better than the sendmail domain queue run directive.

The current sendmail with the uucp-dom mailer does great
re-writing of addresses in the user@domain style without
getting and !'s.

It is quaint, quirky, and fun in a slightly masochistic
way. The Taylor UUCP implementation the FreeBSD uses is
much (MUCH) better than the old AT&T stuff.

Dan

--
danj@3skel.com
Dan Janowski