Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 12:31:10 +0100
From:      Florian Bofinger <bofax@camelot.de>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@camelot.de
Subject:   Re: Boot easy problem

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 12:27:34PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 16:55:33 +0100, Sverrir Valgeirsson wrote:
>
> > F1 DOS
> > F5 Drive 1
> >
> > F1 starts windows, but F5 doesn't do anything.
> > How can I have it recognize my two freebsd disks?
>
> Here's some untested advice you may want to try.
>
> First, make a backup of /etc/fstab.
>
> >From sysinstall's "Custom" menu, choose "2 Partition".  You'll be
> presented with a menu of drives.  Select each one in turn.  Each time
> you select a drive, you'll be taken to the FDISK Partition Editor.  You
> should be able to quit out of it each time by pressing "Q".  Each time
> you quit, you'll be presented with a boot manager selection window.  You
> should be able to select "BootMgr" the first time, whereafter sysinstall
> will "remember" that this is what you want.
>
> Once you've selected all the drives in the list, select "OK".  You'll be
> taken back top the "Custom" menu.  Now choose "6 Commit".  So long as
> you didn't do anything silly in the FDISK Partition Editor windows,
> sysinstall shouldn't fiddle with your existing filesystems, but it
> _should_ install the boot manager correctly.
>
> Again, this is _untested_ advice. :-)

Why not just call boot0cfg? But i think a missing bootmanager isn't the Problem.
By pressing F5, the bootmanager looks for another bootmanager on Drive 1,
which seems to be the CDRom in this case..

So, put a bootmanager on a cdrom and try again ;)

BoFax
--
Florian Bofinger <bofax@camelot.de>
www.camelot.de - Der "sagenhafte" Internet Full-Service Provider