Date:      Thu, 16 Jan 1997 12:33:58 -0800
From:      shegonee@ix.netcom.com
To:        questions@freebsd.com
Subject:   SCSI CD-ROM

Riddle Me This,
While probing the NEC CD_ROM on my SCSI buss, I get:
cd0(ncr0:3:0): CD-ROM
             : FAST SCSI-2 135 ns(*mb/sec) offset 8
             : NOT READY asc:3a,0
             : ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:24,0 Invalid field in CDB
I'm able to mount it correctly and read from it. But when I use cdplay on it,
I get the same message when I try to play an audio CD-ROM:
ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:24,0 Invalid field in CDB
I also have IDE CD-ROM attached to my system it works find for data and audio.
Is there a driver mis-match here? Is cdplay sending the wrong sequence to this
device? What could be causing this error message?
Thanks
Kirk :)