Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 11:32:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
Cc:        BOISSEAU Jean-Philippe <jean-philipe.boisseau@sextant.thomson-csf.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, nsouch@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tekram DC 395

On Wed, 27 Oct 1999, Kenneth D. Merry wrote:

> Tekram is to be commended for putting forth the effort to support FreeBSD.
> They have actually written three different FreeBSD/CAM drivers -- one for
> their AMD 53c974 boards (the amd driver in the tree is based on that
> driver), one for their NCR/Symbios boards, and now one for their own SCSI
> chips.

I've always been happy with my Tekram DC-390F, which is based on the
NCR/Symbios 53c875.  I've also got a bunch of Compaq servers with
integrated 53c875's which work flawlessly with FreeBSD as well.  How
do these new chips apparently made by Tekram compare to the Symbios
and even Adaptec chips as far as performance and reliability go?  If
they're at least as good, or better, I'll probably invest in another
Tekram card when I decide to get some U2 devices.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )

   "One should admire Windows users.  It takes a great deal of
    courage to trust Windows with your data."