Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2000 08:11:50 -0400
From:      "Larry Adams" <larry147@telocity.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FW: Unable to dump core...

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG] On Behalf Of C J Michaels
Sent: Sunday, August 06, 2000 8:41 PM
To: FreeBSD Questions
Subject: Unable to dump core...

Hi,

I have a prog that is supposedly dying and dumping core.  I would like to
provide the core file to the developers, but am unable to actually
generate/find the core file.

My login.conf has coredumpsize=infinity.
The output of limits has coredumpsize=infinity.

> sysctl -a | grep core
kern.sugid_coredump: 1
kern.coredump: 1
kern.corefile: %N.core

But each time I see this:
pid 33276 (fetchmail), uid 1000: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

I find no core.  I'm at a loss, can anyone help me?

Thanks,

--
Chris

P.S.  Please don't give me Sig 11 troubleshooting tips, this happens in a
very specific instance.